Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Risen... erm... Risen things...

That was supposed to be a big prophetic title about coming back from the dead etc.
Well.. b*llocks to that I have a life and work now.

So recent groups of people are now frantically blogging away on their own tired little lives, with the exception of one local american-type that actually has a deep and meaningful blog with genuine musings. (I'll link once she gives me the okay).

An update for you all : I'm still in the USA, clinging to my L1A visa for dear life, my company just got acquired and that means all manner of terrifying re-orgs that may see anything from nothing at all, to catapulted back to the UK or even worse, being laid off!

In the years passed since I didn't blog anything to here, not as much has happened as you'd think, so.. in some kind of wierd blog montage moment (you have to hum the Safety dance whilst reading this so it forms a true 80's movie moment montage), here's some high lights or interesting facts from the huge black hole since I properly blogged:

1. I got back to the USA after visa was finally sorted on February 25th 2008
2. Anybody who knew about my previous engagement (literal) to a local gal should know it ended in absolute disaster, but I'm over it, and moved on, and very happy.
3. Yes, I'm still in Bellevue, WA.
4. The US Credit system sucks if you're a foreign type. I'll probably do a whole blog post on that at some point.
5. If you're moving from the UK and you're here on an L class visa, give up on shopping around for cars on leases.. go straight to Audi or VW and deal with their finance, it's still expensive but the process is headache free.
6. Yank food is full of salt and nasty chemicals. Give up on being able to stay in shape through diet alone, exercise is required. For those of you picking yourself off the floor, no I didn't get around to the exercise yet, I just put on weight instead. See.. already adopted the american way "be lazy, eat, shop"
7. Traffic in the Seattle are is awful, and Bellevue is getting worse.
8. Holidays in Hawaii after hectic work periods and before the dead holiday season are a wonderful idea.
9. Dutch acquisitions are scary.
10. Never lose your little white I90 from your passport, you might not make it back into the country.
11. Finding a more permanent role in the USA is a lot more difficult than you'd think, start early. I didn't.
12. I'm sure there's more to this.. umm
13. Is that all that's happened?!?!
14. God my life sucks.
15. Oh yes.. the new girl. Well she's not new, she's wonderful, adorable best thing that ever happened to me, and she just moved in with me.. which is great.
16. umm.. oh one last thing, it takes approximately 8 months to buy a sofa. If you're me.
17. It is actually possible to have too many monitors for PC's.
18. Guilty pleasures are very fashionable if you're a geek, and they make you smile more.

Geeeez. It really has been dull.

Well folks, now the blog is going brace yourself for the.. erm.. roller coaster, which is my dark and miserable mind. Or possibly abject boredom. Either works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home