Sunday, March 08, 2009

A day in my hotel room

Defied all the rules today about how to adapt to jet lag and timezones, and stayed in my room all day, mostly with the curtains drawn. I know grim and a waste of time, I've caught up on my email watched some dreadful television and generally unwound. I have recovered slowly, my boss joined me in the deserted hotel bar for a beer at about 5pm which gave me some break from my hotel room.

The heating is still broken. I still have no iron or ironing board. I have only 2 english channels. This is already feeling a bit like some kind of hell.

On the plus side, and it's a very big plus, I caught up with the lady this morning via phone after she'd been fleecing our friends at Monopoly! Good girl! If only it was cash!!

The other big plus, is that we've already received the "okay" from the US Immigration services about my visa, so we dont have to do the scary shot-gun wedding any more, that also means my trips timescale is getting a bit more defined.. I will still have time to do the UK and see my dad etc. so that should be good.

Well, bed time for me, more later I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home